Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Moving Days.

When exactly do the 12 days of Christmas start?  December 13? On the 25th, going through to January?

On this day of Christmas break the delivery guys brought to me . . .

Two new recliners, and a couch set up near the TV.

Early Xmas present from my folks, these things are quite nice.  Far too nice, one might say for our house.  Jeffrey, Charlie, and PJ fought over who would be the first to sit in each new piece of furniture.  I told them it was all good, because I will be the first to sleep in each of the new chairs as well as on the couch.  I am certain of this.

To prep for the new, we moved around a lot of the old, which meant a lot of rearranging of things.  Two days of this, and my back - right across my shoulder blades - reminds me of how old I have become.

The problem is that sometimes this house still feels like a "work in progress" with another project waiting at the end of the current one. And I understand the reasoning some people have for building a new house from the ground up.  Alas, that is another time and certainly another tax bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment